Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Message from Louise Hay

Experience Your Own Freedom of Choice

Write down all the shoulds in your life. All the things you feel guilty about and feel that you should be doing. Now examine each should and ask yourself:

Why have I not done this?
Do I really want to do it?

Stay with each one until you get a satisfactory and honest answer. Feeling guilty about something we don’t want to do but feel we should do is giving away our own personal power. Who is trying to manipulate you through guilt? Your answers will enable you to release these old patterns or to realize what areas you really need to work on.

Turn every should in your life to a could, both for yourself and for others. Drop the word should from your vocabulary. Drop the concept of should from your mind. Replace both the word and the concept with could. Should is limiting, could is choice.

I Should…
I Could…if I wanted to

All the shoulds and the should-nots in your life are just trying to live up to someone else’s idea of acceptable behavior. Let your own Power of Freedom decide what you want to do and what would be best for you not to do. Free yourself from the tyranny of shoulds. Come from Freedom of Choice.

Affirm today: I stand tall and free. I am strong and confident in all that I do.

No comments: